Pay Rate $19.75
In person interviews are required
Sunday – Thursday 730pm – 4am plus overtime
Must have minimum 3 years experience operation Crown powered industrial equipment, EPJ, Stand up high reach, counterbalance, stock picker. Receives, unpacks, checks, and stores merchandise or materials.
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for the following warehouse activities including but not limited to: shipping, receiving, putaway, replenishment, item demand, consolidation, count checks, loading and unloading of trucks.
- Unloading & loading of shipments: Uses various powered industrial equipment to perform the following:
- Unload inbound shipments and convey product to staging area to be received in
- Inspect, count & examine all shipments being unloaded against PO’s for damages and/or discrepancies
- Document all overages, shortages and damages
- Ensure that all necessary signatures are on the driver’s paperwork before the driver is released
- Wrap pallets by machine or hand to ensure stability
- Load outbound shipments in a way so that they are stable to ensure safety and avoid product being damaged
- Conveying of items from the Receiving area or Staging area to Home, Overflow or Bulk locations
- Replenishment, Item Demand, Count Checks and Consolidation of items in the warehouse:
- Convey items from storage locations to Home/Bulk locations
- Consolidate like items in storage locations to maximize warehouse space
- Count inventory to make sure product quantities are correct in the locations
- Receiving, picking and shipping of warehouse items:
- Receive in product in accordance with correct associated PO numbers
- Complete discrepancy forms for any overages, shortages or damages
- Break down & separate product by specific item numbers
- Select various orders within the warehouse
- Stack product on pallets to be conveyed to outbound staging area
- Check pallets brought to staging area for errors
- Adjust pallet quantities from one pallet to another to ensure even weight distribution on the pallets
- Warehouse Housekeeping and Safety:
- Clean dock areas & all assigned aisles in accordance with warehouse policy
- Comply with all Safety regulations and standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience:
Experience Working In a Warehouse Environment Preferred
Proficient in the operation of Powered Industrial Trucks such as stand-up reach truck or other industrial equipment (i.e., double pallet jack) preferred
Warehouse Management System (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft) Experience Preferred
Experience with RF or Voice devices preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
- Planning/Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; compute rate, ratio and percent; use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read, understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Complies with local, state and federal regulations and safety guidelines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently prepared and ready to work and on time.
- Experience with WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft, Voice Recognition and RF devices a plus.