- Night shift 9pm-530 am Sun-Thur.
- ********Qualified on all powered industrial trucks for production – Swing Reach / Turret; sit down; stand up; order picker; and ride on pallet jack.*********
The Material Handler is responsible for all material handling including inspecting finished goods, receiving, reconciling, and adjusting inventory by entering transactions in the Warehouse Management System (WMS). The role conducts cycle counts, investigates, and corrects discrepancies between the WMS and physical inventory. As a resource to manufacturing operations, the Material Handler prepares production run FDA paperwork, reviews component needs, and stages all materials, supplies and paperwork for production lines using powered industrial equipment. At the completion of production runs, the Material Handler inventories and reconciles used materials in the WMS. All responsibilities are performed in compliance with Good Manufacturing (GMP), Warehousing Practices and housekeeping standards for assigned areas in Manufacturing facility.
- Compile production paperwork packet for documentation of run to accompany materials delivered to lines for each PID.
- Accurately pick, issue, and stage materials and documents for production PIDs.
- Execute inventory moves via WMS transactions to match physical moves.
- Plan, execute and reconcile physical inventories movements within the WMS for manufacturing.
- Ensures timely reporting and communication to production staff to optimize PID management.
- Execute daily cycle counts, slot audits and the reconciliation of activities between systems.
- Responsible to be aware of the production schedule and communicating potential gaps in the plan.
- Recommends process improvements within the warehouse or distribution center which will improve the accuracy of inventory and/or productivity.
- Manages all movement of inbound finished goods and return components, ensuring that materials are properly verified, and inaccuracies are researched and corrected accordingly.
- Works closely with multiple departments to ensure timely material plan execution.
- Ensures materials are staged and issued for production.
- Ensure serial/ lot number traceability is maintained throughout controlled material process.
- Deliver supplies and materials to production during production run for up to 13 manufacturing lines.
- Ensure material supply is adequate and properly identified for documentation.
- Handle data entry to document internal movement of materials in the WMS system.
- Select materials (kit) for issuing to full-fill job cards, material requests and sales orders.
- Verify that the quality, type, and quantity of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present for return of production materials to stock.
- Execute stock put away transactions on production materials returned from line.
- Maintain databases and records confirming the status of materials received.
- Maintain assigned areas of the company quality system and related regulatory requirements.
- Assist in maintaining organization of the materials area, and inventories throughout warehouse.
- Review PIDs upon completion with return materials for appropriate inventory consumption vs planned consumption
- Utilize WMS dashboard site to review inventories and research discrepancies.
- Adjust inventories as appropriate to investigation findings and match WMS to ERP for inventory data integrity
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and department supervision.
- Follow & comply with GMP’s related to handling of materials and equipment.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and general housekeeping standards throughout the warehouse.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum 3 years previous Manufacturing or Warehouse experience.
- Minimum 3 years -previous experience computerized warehouse systems.
- Knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations a plus.
- Experience with HighJump and PeopleSoft systems preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic Math skills.
- Ability to operate all powered industrial lift equipment within the facility.
- Ability to utilize RF scanning equipment.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and High Jump warehouse management systems a plus.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend company policies and procedures, safety rules, standard operational procedures (SOP), maintenance instructions, labels, manuals, reports and correspondence.
- Able to complete simple reports and correspondence.
- Planning / Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures.
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands, arms and fingers to reach, lift, pull, push and operate work equipment, controls, and hand or power tools. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hi-vis clothing, safety glasses, gloves, and steel toed work shoes.
- Manufacturing environment with moderate noise level. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, heights, and outside weather conditions.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May occasionally move objects that weigh more than 50 pounds, with assistance from other employee(s) or equipment.
- This position requires full range of body motion to include: standing, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, and reaching. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The ability to utilize a variety of hand position such as hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to operate machinery or work equipment controls is required.
- The position requires well corrected vision, talking and hearing to normal range.
- May be required to work overtime depending on business needs.
A Leader in Staffing
|Salary Range||Not Specified|