Pay Rate $17.50
Shift Monday – Friday 8-5′
THIS POSITION IS FOR A Sanitation Worker
Interviews will be on site –
Candidate will maintain both 309 and 409 NJ Facilities
Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, write)
This position is responsible for following daily work assignments to meet GMP standards while maintaining the production areas, administrative areas, employee break rooms, bathrooms, warehouse and building exterior in a clean, safe, and well-maintained condition in both Sayreville facilities. The position needs to communicate with area leads, other shift housekeeping operators and maintenance supervisors to ensure the facility is adequately maintained for GMP’s, recycling and safety standards.
Provide housekeeping support to both Sayreville facilities by performing daily work assignments following all task specific SOP’s and guidelines to perform all cleaning, sanitation and recycling duties assigned to the housekeeping group. Follow all safety and general company policies. General duties include but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing, dusting, wiping, polishing, washing items, collecting trash, loading trash into the compactor, outside trash and leaf pick up, window cleaning, vacuuming, operating floor scrubber, operating other powered industrial equipment, logging all activities in logbooks when required. Delivers messages, transport small equipment or tools throughout the buildings. Set up tables and chairs in cafeterias, offices and conference rooms as instructed.
Provide & maintain a clean, safe, and well-maintained work environment facility wide. Perform light building maintenance tasks including but not limited to painting, collecting, sorting, baling plastic and other materials for recycling, cleaning gutters and outside catch basin screens, cleaning building ceilings, floors, walls, ramps, walkways, sidewalks, stairs, re-lamping lights, collecting and properly storing used lamps for recycling as required, removing snow from main entrances, and logging these activities as required.
Look for and report potential safety issues. Look for and recommend chances for improvement. Attend and comprehend monthly safety trainings. Perform various duties as required by supervision.
Maintain, replenish, and request housekeeping inventory items as needed.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or trade school is preferred
- 1 Year housekeeping operator experience preferable with some maintenance experience too.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general policies. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to understand and follow training in department areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Planning / Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures.
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
- Prioritizing daily work assignments to ensure completion in an effective and timely manner.
- Work to use company supplies, equipment, and materials in an economic manner.
- Recommend improvements in methods, materials, equipment, and safety.
- Determine housekeeping items inventory level, request, and replenish as needed