THIS POSITION IS FOR A WAREHOUSE WORKER WHO WILL KEEP THE WAREHOUSE CLEAN – this is NOT an equipment operator – having exp with EPJ and other equipment is only a plus
Interviews will be on site – where they will be tested on their knowledge of the EPJ, Reach Truck etc.
Ability to operate powered industrial equipment, including scissor lift, Electronic Pallet Jack, Manual Pallet Jack, Reach Truck and articulated lift equipment preferred.
Must be able to communicate in English (speak, read, write)
Provide housekeeping support to both Sayreville facilities by performing daily work assignments following all task specific. SOP’s and guidelines to perform all cleaning, sanitation and recycling duties assigned to the housekeeping group. Follow all safety and general company policies. General duties include but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing, dusting, wiping, polishing, washing items, collecting trash, loading trash into the compactor, outside trash and leaf pick up, window cleaning, vacuuming, operating floor scrubber, operating other powered industrial equipment, logging all activities in logbooks when required. Delivers messages, transport small equipment or tools throughout the buildings. Set up tables and chairs in cafeterias, offices and conference rooms as instructed. Provide & maintain a clean, safe, and well-maintained work environment facility wide. Perform light building maintenance tasks including but not limited to painting, collecting, sorting, baling plastic and other materials for recycling, cleaning gutters and outside catch basin screens, cleaning building ceilings, floors, walls, ramps, walkways, sidewalks, stairs, re lamping lights, collecting and properly storing used lamps for recycling as required, removing snow from main entrances, and logging these activities as required. Look for and report potential safety issues. Look for and recommend chances for improvement. Attend and comprehend monthly safety trainings. Perform various duties as required by supervision Maintain, replenish, and request housekeeping inventory items as needed.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or trade school is preferred 1 Year housekeeping operator experience preferable with some maintenance experience too
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general policies. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to understand and follow training in department areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Planning / Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures.
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with
- respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate hand, power tools, manual and powered industrial equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require overtime and weekend work depending on business needs.
- This position is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes,or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, heights, and outside weather conditions.
- Exposed to indoor and outdoor environmental weather conditions year-round.