This position is responsible for software quality assurance efforts to implement the testing of several types of applications, including web-based, desktop, enterprise, and back-office applications in a dynamic and Agile Development lifecycle environment. Develops and implements quality assurance (QA) test plans and test cases, tools, and infrastructure for all application platforms, and ensures that the developed software functionality meets the requirements.
- Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Participates as an active and core member of the Scrum team to ensure quality is built in to products and services.
- Participates in sprint planning and collaborates with Product Management team to identify requirements.
- Provides input into design, software development, software integration testing, and release of the final product.
- Assists in scope definition and develops accurate level-of-effort estimates for new, remediation, and refactoring work.
- Develops clear and concise testing strategies with robust and comprehensive test plans to verify product functionality, works on multiple and complex technical projects simultaneously, and works with management on software quality issues effecting product development and launch.
- Provides direction and mentoring to engineers, analysts, product management and business leaders as it relates to the quality of software delivery.
- Develops and documents test plans and cases based on software requirements and technical specifications and appropriately prioritizes testing tasks and test cases.
- Performs black box testing against multiple browsers and platforms including mobile applications.
- Performs white box testing, as needed, including testing of web services and data paths.
- Performs integration testing to ensure end-to-end scenarios meet overall business requirements.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to execute exploratory testing.
- Identifies and communicates risks proactively.
- Supports change control and ensures all processes are compliant.
- Documents accurately and clearly all actual results compared to expected results.
- Identifies, documents, and retests defects.
- Provides metrics and status reporting as necessary.
- Works with the customer support group, as needed, to help perform root cause analysis of issues found in the production environment.
- Configures test environments to ensure broad testing coverage.
- Performs weekly and on-demand software testing cycles during business hours and off-hours to multiple environments and communicates results to management and project stakeholders.
- Participates in automation, load and performance testing projects.
- Provides input to continual improvement and team building activities
Knowledge / Skills
- Comfortable in an Agile Development environment that requires the ability to adapt to change and motivate others to achieve excellence in a dynamic environment and will bring exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Experience in a variety of testing types including system and integration, usability, boundary, security, data validation and regression.
- Possesses the aptitude to accept complex assignments, analyze problems, and generate effective solutions.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of quality assurance testing to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Detail orientation with good organizational skills.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft Test Manager.
|Minimum Qualification||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$56,134 - $95,429|