Senior Systems Administrator/Systems Engineer
Provide Sr. System Administrator support during the remainder of the I/Computer Aided
Dispatch project to ensure operational readiness for go-live.
- Review the application support servers, interfaces, and services needed and recommend improvements for the I/CAD system to achieve high-level performance.
- Configure/administrate servers/services/interfaces as needed to ensure high performance of servers supporting the I/CAD system.
- Provide technical expertise and support needed to maintain the I/CAD system for 24/7 operations.
- Coordinate and complete tasks associated with the agreed service level agreement for the appropriate alerting and monitoring of servers/services using SolarWinds and Pager Duty for remediation response.
- Lead, coordinate, and document results for operational remediation tests between cross functional teams (database, network) to implement a coordinated I/CAD solution remediation response.
- Provide administrative support and participate in recovery tests and solutioning for appropriate system configuration as needed.
- Implement, coordinate, and document a support plan for the I/CAD system utilizing cross functional teams.
- Provide information for the review and or creation of the operational runbook, including authoring support steps and creating the necessary diagrams for quick visibility.
- Create technical diagrams and support documentation as needed for the ORR (operational readiness review).
- Provide knowledge transfer to a permanent FTE as needed for continued support of the I/CAD solution.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned to support the I/CAD project in its goal of operational I/CAD administration and readiness for go-live.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent understanding of support systems: networks, databases, applications, script automation, Windows servers, services, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Two plus years in a senior technology administrative role working in a high availability (HA) environment.
- Five plus years of experience in a highly technical role working with applications, 2019 servers, 2019 databases, networking routers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience working with hexagon’s I/CAD (Intergraph Computer Aided Dispatch) application or a similar critical system within a high availability environment.
- Experience supporting, interfaces, mobile networks, geo information systems, and peerto-peer networks.
- Experience leading a team of support personnel in incident resolution and management.
- Experience working with and configuring monitoring systems; SolarWinds, Pager Duty, system logs, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Contract Term: 6 months.
|Salary Range||$50/hr - $65/hr|