The Software DevThe Senior Software Engineer is accountable for developing information technology-enabled business solutions that are both scalable and reliable. The Senior Software Engineer will perform their job function by executing all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing while working in a highly collaborative team environment.
Education and Professional Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other four-year degree with significant Computer Programming OR equivalent experience. 8+ years software development experience
- Develop software by analyzing business requirements; conferring with management and users; analyzing systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine and communicate project feasibility and sizing estimates through analysis, problem definition, requirement gathering, and solution development.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare solutions by determining and designing system specifications, applying robust architectural patterns, applying coding standards, and programming.
- Lead and facilitate design reviews and code reviews.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Lead and facilitate pre-production risk assessments and reviews.
- Assist with code build and deployment processes.
- Mentor development team members to help them succeed in their assignments.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities.
- Protect operations by improving security and by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish our mission by completing related results as needed.
- Support and develop the technology teams by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Follow established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies.
Must Have Skills
- Software Architecture Fundamentals
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- Unit Testing
- General Programming Skills
- Microsoft .NET using C#
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- DevOps CI/CD
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Source control using git
- Web Application Development (Microsoft ASP .NET Core MVC)
- Application Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Static Code Analysis
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring
- Agile Software Development Methods
Nice To have
- Designing and building RESTful APIs
- Microservices Architecture
- Security, Identity and Access control (OAuth)
- Microsoft Azure App Services and Azure SQL
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours as required to complete projects. Sitting at desk or in meetings for long periods of time
- Applied Learning – Puts new knowledge, understanding, or skill to practical use on the job, works hard to better self in work role. Devotes significant time to personal and professional development.
- Problem Analysis and Solving – Ability to analyze and work through a problem effectively and provide a solution. Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex development issues. Ability to understand and apply concepts of objected oriented programming.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people. Treats people with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, and requirements.
- Time Management – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Able to work both independently and as a team effectively.
- Communication – Communicates accurately and effectively both in oral and written form. Practices active listening. Expresses thoughts and ideas with confidence and respects opposing views
- Living the Vision and Values – Keeping the company’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
|Minimum Qualification||Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science|