This is a Safety position responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Safety Department, administering all Safety’s policies, procedures, and programs to assure profitable performance and growth of the organization and providing worker’s compensation support and assisting the Safety Director in other projects as required.
- Participates in the investigation of vehicle accidents and injuries, identifies causes and find corrective actions to alleviate any future occurrences.
- Through observations, media or occurrences, review current safe work practices and develop new or corrective practices to promote a safe work environment.
- Engage Operations Associates to follow the Sysco Work Methods into their daily job functions.
- Assist in presenting new hire and annual safety training programs that capture the attention of associates and entails all the required elements of Vision Zero, Department of Transportation (DOT) and OSHA compliance.
- Administrative duties such as: assisting the Human Resources Department, setting up files, setting meetings, managing licenses, and monthly training logs/files.
- Aid with projects and produce miscellaneous statistical reports as required for Management and Safety.
- Ensure all training and Driver Qualification files are current and complete.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as related or assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience in a Safety department.
- 1-3 Years’ Worker’s Compensation Claims Management Experience Preferred.
- Solid Excel skills, extremely organized, reliable, and self- motivated.
- Technical knowledge of DOT and state laws.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Solid organization skills.
- Able to handle several tasks at the same time, with numerous interruptions, and must be able to keep the information confidential.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds.
Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
May sit in front of a computer for long periods or remain at a work station for extended periods
0-3 Years of Experience, This Operating Company (OpCo) based position will assist with the implementation of a prevention-focused health, safety and environmental (HSE) and security program. The position will assist and promote OpCo- specific project implementation and training to support Sysco�s overall HSE objectives, including security and crisis preparedness objectives.
|Salary Range||Not Specified|