Procurement Specialist, Sr. (Direct Hire)
- The candidates being submitted are much more focused on the transactional side of Procurement (like issuing POs, or the typical 3 quotes and a PO) than on the strategic sourcing side (developing sourcing initiatives, analytical, stakeholders management, etc).
- Candidate should be a strategic professional.
- Must have sourcing experience.
- should have Project Management skills.
- Experience in issuing PO, Contract negotiation, Building
- SAP, Ariba are nice to have.
- Open for relocation, no relocation expenses will be provided.
Leads and supports sourcing activities for multiple stakeholders and categories. Leads, facilitates, and implements sourcing activities through a combination of tactical and strategic sourcing initiatives particular to the needs of Permian field operations. Creates request for quotations (RFQ) or organizes competitive biddings from various suppliers to obtain best quality, delivery and price for goods and services. Implements agreements for local procurement of goods and. Assesses supplier performance and conducts reviews with suppliers.
- With a strategic mindset, perform the day-to-day procurement and sourcing activities including competitive bidding, sourcing/RFx processes, cost savings activities, and commercial negotiations.
- Provide the evaluation of vendor quotations utilizing appropriate negotiation and sourcing analysis techniques and implementation of proper contracts with emphasis on quality, delivery, total cost, and service necessary to meet requirements.
- Partner with business unit stakeholders and existing suppliers to optimize procurement by driving supplier consolidations and cost reduction initiatives.
- Work with existing supplier base to drive continuous improvement to key metrics including lead time, service level, quality, payment terms, inventory, and total cost of ownership.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Business, or Supply Chain Management or similar discipline
- 3+ years of Strategic Sourcing experience including execution of RFQ/RFP and reverse auction.
- Experience in analyzing large data sets via Excel and others analytical tools.
- Experience in calculating total cost of ownership for goods and services.
- Experience working with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Sourcing experience for the following categories: equipment repair & maintenance, machining services, equipment rentals, and general MRO materials
- Professional certification (i.e., Certified Professional in Supply Management)
- Prior knowledge and experience working in SAP Ariba
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or similar certification.
- Experience leading negotiations with suppliers.
6155 W Murphy
Rate mas is $105K with no bonus. Position is onsite.