Under general supervision, sets up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machine tools which may include:
- numerical control/computerized numeric control lathes
- computerized numerical control/numerical control and /or manual machines.
May be required to:
- read blueprints
- perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations
- perform inspection procedures to verify work.
- demonstrate expertise in a particular machining process or machine type or work on one single purpose machine which may involve multiple machining processes.