Under general supervision, participates in analysis, design, and implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies. Works across multiple product lines to share best practices and collaborate on similar projects. Requires proficiency in the application of advanced manufacturing technologies. Job tasks impact directly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations
- Assesses existing technologies in manufacturing and suggests improvements.
- Provides engineered technical solutions to help manufacturing plants achieve improvement objectives.
- Utilizes engineering tools such as Solidworks-3D modeling, 3D printing, FMEA, and FEA to design, test and implement efficiencies in manufacturing, assembly and testing.
- Utilizes Robots, 3D printing, PLCs, wireless technologies, automation, Python and data analytic tools to implement efficiencies in manufacturing, assembly and testing.
- Collaborates across manufacturing plants to help the broader engineering team achieve objectives through mentoring and best practice sharing.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Controls, or Aerospace.
- Experience with automation projects – including demonstrated results.
- Experience with other Advanced Manufacturing technologies, languages, or programs (Lasers, Welding, Additive Manufacturing, VR/AR, Python, etc.).
- Bonus: Passed FE for Professional Engineer