Domestic Outbound Logistics Specialist
Max Pay Rate: $23.00/hr
Hours: Onsite (8:30a – 5:30p)
Office Environment, casual dress code (jeans and nice top, no tennis shoes)
Job Description Summary
Responsible for planning, controlling, and implementing processes related to materials and finished goods storage and movement including: Materials Movement & Storage, Finished Goods Movement and Storage, Inventory Control, Fleet Vehicles and Traffic Management, Logistics Optimization, Planning & Control.
Coordinate inland outbound logistic functions. Coordinate smooth inland moves through proper carrier selection and follows up with the suppliers, Sysco Redistribution facilities, Freight Forwarders, and Sysco Operating Companies. Assure timely and accurate costing of freight for spot rating on outbound moves. Administer procedures to ensure near- zero non conformance rates. Identify service failures and correct as quickly and completely as possible for outbound deliveries. Communicate outbound shipments to the sales group to maximize load fill and efficiencies.
- Coordinate and tender localMiami deliveries to 3rd party carriers. Communicate with operations on shipping instructions and load building.
- Communicate with sales on pushing or pulling deliveries to maximize capacity.
- Process OS&D’s from deliveries and communicate with Merchandising, Operations, Vendors, and carriers on the resolution.
- Process returns and pre-paid.
- Tender outbound LTL’s and TL to domestic forwarders.
- Provide rate requests for LTL andTL outbound moves.
- Communicate FTZ inland deliveries.
- Choosing which carrier to use for bookings and dispatches based on competitive rates and carrier performance.
- Approving additional cost associated with servicing the customers’ needs.
- Rolling and/or rescheduling outbound shipments after communication with sales on customers’ needs.
- Authorizing payment of charges to carriers over $100.00 that cannot be mitigated to another vendor.
- HSD or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in an office.
- 2 Years’ Logistics Experience Preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
|Salary Range||Not Specified|