Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for developing and sustaining customer relationships required to maintain and drive continuous improvement of chemical programs with major petroleum producing customers. The CAM (Chemical Account Manager) is responsible for managing one or more large accounts with annual revenues exceeding $5MM.
You’llbe responsible for revenue and profit growth of programs and services in targeted accounts. You will be required to develop strong relationships with existing customers by executing system assurance programs that meet their key business needs.
- Work closely with large, strategic customer stakeholders to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned accounts.
- Execute strong team leadership by coaching and training technical field service staff, championing corporate initiatives, and promoting a strong safety culture.
- Develop strong relationships with key customer stakeholders, including field level management and above-field executive management.
- Influence customer stakeholders and internal resources in collaborative efforts to deliver solutions that maximize value from customers assets.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to stabilize jeopardy business and turnaround problematic situations with a proactive, collaborative, problem-solving approach.
- Oversight of day-to-day operations necessary to sustain our client’s business by ensuring all mutually agreed requirements of the contract scope of work are met.
- Act as the central point of contact for our company to assigned customers.
- Demonstrate achievement of KPIs measured against target schedule and specifications and recommend and implement corrective actions for program adjustments to address KPI variances.
- Direct and indirect supervision of personnel responsible for providing services to the customer.
- Supervisory responsibilities include team member development, performance feedback to subordinates through regular assessments, directing work schedules, supporting competency development, enforcing disciplinary corrective actions, recruiting and onboarding new team members, and ensuring proper adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assign tasks such as chemical product line selection testing, field monitoring, injection pump dosage accuracy, and chemical delivery requirements to appropriate team members.
- Proactively predicting potential production problems and recommending solutions
- Working with customer stakeholders and internal technical support and field service teams to develop, apply and evaluate mitigative solutions.
- Manage customer requests, complaints and nonconformities. Provide technical support and escalate complaints as required.
- Provide on-site expertise based on assessment of operations challenges.
- Provide clear, concise and routine reports and recommendations internally to management and externally to clients.
- Produce and present technical presentations.
- Oversee the collection of samples per required schedule frequency and ensure proper analysis is performed to provide data necessary for monitoring chemical performance.
- Generate and execute sales plans and strategies to close new opportunities within existing customer base to meet defined territory profit increase goals.
Technical Requirements Of This Role Will Include
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office software platforms.
- Quickly gaining a general working knowledge of Company’s product lines and their applications, testing capabilities, and process to select and recommend products to solve customer chemical related production problems.
- Working knowledge of chemical pump design and operation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An excellent safety record and understanding of key safety management concepts.
- Requires completion of high school diploma plus 10 years of experience in the specialty chemical business, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Position requires a current and valid driver’s license.
- Candidate must reside within a commutable distance from the Permian Basin area of Texas.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or life sciences plus a minimum of 10 years technical sales or field technical sales support experience
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
What you will get
The ability to make an impact with a company that is passionate about your career development.Ongoing training in the field, online, and off-site at company headquarters in Houston, TexasEnjoy a flexible, independent work environment with tremendous long-term career growth potential.Receive a company vehicle for business use.
Drive a company vehicle as required to perform job duties (pre-employment and ongoing motor vehicle record checks will be performed to determine eligibility to drive a company vehicle)Ability to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
|Salary Range||Not Specified|