Big Data Analyst
As a Big Data Analyst, you will be responsible for maximizing the benefit of investments in data acquisition and management by planning, designing, coordinating and implementing data-driven solutions to deliver key business insights that drive value within our organization. An avid interest and passion in working with data and finding insights from data is key to success in this position. This position is based out of North Belt campus in Houston, TX
- Collaborate with decision-makers, system owners, and business owners to define business requirements, translate the business requirements to technical requirements, evaluate feasibility of technical solution and analyze data to develop data-driven solutions.
- Analyze large volumes of data in support of solving problems encountered in the field, business problems, and proposed projects; develop solution strategies and prepare BI reports of findings and recommended actions.
- Communicate effectively with business leaders and field personnel to provide an understanding of the merits and limitations of data-driven solutions; clearly articulate data-driven inferences to set realistic expectations that drive the creation of improved business processes supported by data.
- Show maturity in big data analytics by delivering solutions within time and budgetary constraints.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience with analysis of big data using Spark
- Expert proficiency in SQL and Python
- Expert proficiency in visualization and BI tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Plotly
- Proficiency with statistical inference and other statistical tools to extract and communicate insights from data
- Familiarity with cloud platforms for big data analytics such as Databricks or Snowflake; familiarity with major cloud providers such as Azure or AWS
- Familiarity with common Machine Learning techniques for regression and classification
- Undergraduate degree in any STEM related field; Masters or PhD preferred
|Salary Range||$82,000/yr - $136,000/yr|