Position is Remote – must work CST hours – M-F 8-5
Interviews via TEAMS
****Candidates must have Retirement Plan knowledge*****
****401 K knowledge – SAP, ADP******
****Workday exp is a plus*******
Fidelity TSW Systems
Excel Guru – Vlook ups
Auditing, analysis – Benefits
Working with Payroll, VP’s etc
MAX PAY RATE: $17/hr
Job Posting Title
Specialist, Benefits Administration
Job Description Summary
Sysco is seeking to hire a full-time contractor in the Retirement Benefits Specialist role. This is a critical role on the team managing the day-to-day administration of retirement programs, 401k plans and pension plan. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, using multiple HR/Payroll systems and working with multiple vendors/carriers. Experience with merger and acquisitions is necessary.
This is a remote position, reporting to the Retirement Benefits Manager.
Internal Job Posting
- Manage day-to-day administration of 401k and Pension plans. Ensure accuracy of all data to provide vendors with accurate eligibility and enrollment information.
- Analyze data received from benefits 3rd party vendors to ensure invoices/billings are process accurately based on contractual agreement with various vendors. Administer benefits chargeback reporting to each operating site and prepare monthly Retirement Plan Analysis.
- Administers all components of the 401k plan, including provide data to vendor and accurate & timely funding of the plan. Ensures annual benefit compliance filing is completed, including 401(k) discrimination testing and 5500 filings. Coordinate annual 401k audit with external auditors.
- Handle routine benefits inquiries from associates, related to plan detail, eligibility, enrollment, and claim issues. Be able to resolve complex and escalated issues. Review and audit benefit deductions and ensure deductions are funded accurately into associate’s account. This includes but not limited 401k. Reconcile to ensure data transmitted to vendors agrees with Payroll deductions.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships to ensure service levels are met according to contractual agreement.
- Knowledgeable in regulations, such as ERISA, and SECURE 2.0. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits to ensure compliance with the applicable laws.
- 3-5 years of experience in retirement plan administration
- Advanced knowledge in MS applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Workday HCM & Payroll experience
- Experience with various vendor systems such Bswift, Fidelity and/or Willis Towers Watson
- Experience working with Collective Bargaining Agreements and associated benefits
- An understanding federal and state regulations governing benefits plans
- Experience with merger and acquisition
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Able to identify and analyze data, discern trends, and draw relevant conclusions
- Critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Process orientation
- Able to self-direct work priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Independent decisions on the best use of available information and tools to effectively complete daily work tasks
- Able to determine when to escalate issues/decisions and partner with appropriate leaders
- Ability to provide directions to external vendors
- Format of reports and related materials (presentations, etc.)
- Communicating or sharing data and information outside of immediate workgroup
- Uses of available data to be shared with other stakeholders